Overleaf is designed to make the process of writing, editing and producing your research papers and project reports much quicker for both you and your collaborators. Overleaf can also be linked to other services such as arXiv, GitHub and KiltHub to best fit into your workflow. The Libraries provides free Overleaf Pro accounts for all faculty, staff, and students who would like to use a collaborative, online LaTeX editor for their papers and projects.
- Claim your free 10GB Pro account on Overleaf by signing up through our CMU Overleaf Portal.
- You’ll need to use a verified CMU email address in order to receive your free Pro account.
Features of Overleaf include:
- Real-time collaboration in your browser for sharing and editing protected projects with authorized users. You can add and remove collaborators at any time.
- Real-time preview of projects to review your document while editing and writing.
- Immediate reporting of errors and warnings as you write, so you can catch issues early, and it shows them inline, so you don't have to find them in the LaTeX log.
- Automatic typesetting of bibliographies within the Overleaf window: no need to separately compile bibliography (.bib) files.
- Integrated, streamlined publishing allows you to publish immediately and directly to the journal of your choice with an integrated submission system to over a dozen publishing partners already, with more to come in 2016
- Create 'Protected Projects' for added security. You can authorize selected users to have access and can add & remove collaborators at any time.
Scholarly Communications and Research Curation Consultant, Librarian
Enhance Your Teaching
- Learn about equipment and technologies available through the Libraries to supplement your teaching on the Equipment and Technology Research Guide.
- Explore additional resources to supplement your assignments or improve access to resources for your students in the Teaching Materials Research Guide.
- Our workshops and training opportunities are open to all Carnegie Mellon students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends.