Working in tandem with central university offices, the Libraries are taking steps to protect our community from the spread of COVID-19 and minimize disruption as much as possible during this time. Given the unpredictable nature of the current situation, we appreciate your flexibility as we try our best to respond to the needs of our community and minimize risk to our users and employees. Please visit the university’s Coronavirus Information page for the latest on the university’s response.
The majority of the guidance applies to our Pittsburgh campus. Additional guidance is available for our Qatar library.
Call or visit the libraries’ Ask Us page to e-mail, or chat with us (during business hours) for on-the-spot remote assistance from Libraries personnel or to provide feedback and suggestions on services and library operations.
Visiting the Libraries
CMU students, please click here to reserve a seat to study.
- In partnership with Facilities Management Services, the Libraries will deploy regular cleaning and sanitization of high-traffic areas.
- All events, instruction, and general reference consultations will continue to take place online.
- Research and reference assistance from librarians and subject specialists will be fully online/remote, via e-mail or Zoom. Contact any individual to set up an appointment.
Borrowing and Returning Materials
- The libraries (except for Hunt Library, 4th floor) are currently open for browsing and direct borrowing of materials. In addition, you can request materials via the library catalog, to be pulled and held for you at the circulation desk for pick up.
- Material returns are accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the main Hunt and Sorrells Library book drops.
Updates on Library Resources and Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Frequently Asked Questions