Heidi Wiren Bartlett is an interdisciplinary performance artist from the Great Plains with an MA and MFA from the University of Iowa. She has been an artist and designer at Carnegie Mellon University since September 2017 and is currently a Creative Director for the University Libraries. Her creative output has included the co-founding of the University Libraries Exhibitions Program with University Archivist Julia Corrin, special projects for the Office of the President, and working with the Frick Pittsburgh on the development of the 2023 once-in-a-century exhibitions celebrating Shakespeare’s First Folio.
Alongside her work in the Libraries, she has taught in the School of Art, IDeATe, and the English Department. Before joining CMU, she was the Senior Designer at the University of Iowa University Libraries. In her current role, Heidi manages internal and external creative projects within Dean Webster’s portfolio.
Her creative works have afforded her several awards including a campaign that won the American Library Association PR Xchange for materials promoting collections, services and resources, participating scholar for The Library Collective Annual Gathering (2019), selected scholar in Archival Imaginaries CHI Symposium (2021), visiting artist at the Stanley Museum of Art to present Source and Flow: A Conversation between Joyce Tsai and Heidi Wiren Bartlett about "Downriver" (2022), Frank-Ratchye Further Fund Grant from The STUDIO for Creative Inquiry to support her art practice and travel to perform in LA VILLE EN MOUV’MENT FESTIVAL in Dakar, Senegal (2023), and selected presenter in the LMDA International Dramaturgy Conference: Dramaturgical Landscapes in Banff, Canada (2023).
- 2023 | CMU Welcomes Violins of Hope to Posner Center
- 2023 | ‘Violins of Hope’ exhibit preserves the memory of Jewish musicians
- 2023 | What’s past is prologue: Rare copy of Shakespeare's First Folio highlights exhibit at the Frick
- 2023 | “From Stage to Page” Opening Reception
- 2022 | University Libraries Presents "Nuts, Bolts, & Wheels: 100+ Years of Buggy"
- 2021 | A Look at the President’s Bookshelf
- 2020 | CMU-Q Library Wins Award for Engaging PR Campaign