LabArchives is an Electronic Research Notebook that can be used for securely storing, sharing, searching, and managing research data in any field or as a lab manual and notebook in lab classes.
LabArchives can be used to:
- Organize research data
- Preserve data securely, including all versions of all files
- Share information with members of your research group or external collaborators
- Satisfy data management mandates from funders
- Assign, grade, and monitor student work in lab classes
University Libraries’ institutional license gives all Carnegie Mellon University students, staff, and faculty free access to both the Professional and Classroom Editions of LabArchives. CMU affiliates can use Shibboleth Single Sign-On to access their accounts with their Andrew IDs.
These instructions can be used to learn how to:
- Create and access your free LabArchives account at CMU
- Merge an existing account with our institutional license
- Access your free account on the mobile app for Android and IOS
- Login to external applications such as Folder Monitor, the Microsoft Office Plugin, FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, and Vernier Logger Pro with a password token
- Link your CMU Box account (coming soon!)