How to Deposit
How to Deposit
Depositing materials to KiltHub is very simple. The tabs below will help you to deposit your materials, create projects, and create collections.
But before you proceed, you will need to take a few steps to prepare before you submit your materials:
- Collect all of necessary information, and organize the metadata about your materials.
- Review the Preparing Your Data page, and ensure your data is ready to be published.
These user guides will walk you through the KiltHub deposit processes:
- Deposit Guide: How to deposit, publish, and share your research and scholarship
- Data Deposit Requirements Guide: Minimum metadata requirements for research data deposits and how to create the required README.txt file to accompany your dataset deposit
- README.txt File Template: A template of the required README.txt file to accompany your dataset deposit
- README.txt sample: A sample of the README.txt file
Projects are a collaboration mechanism within figshare. Members of each project can upload files or add text notes, as well as comments. An activity stream keeps track of all actions on each users account. In addition to private projects, you can now make a project public.This user guide will walk you through the process of using projects, adding materials and notes to a project, and how to request additional storage for a project.
Collections are ways of collating materials that bring it together under a theme. They can be either private or public, and can be assigned a DOI. This user guide will walk you through the process of using collections, adding materials to collections, and how to publish a collection.