Kanopy provides remote access to over 25,000 documentary and feature films for educational use, complementing the nearly 18,000 titles currently available on-site in the Hunt Library Video Collection.
Use the search box above to find Video Collection films & DVDs in the library catalog.
An alphabetical, printed listing of video holdings is available at the Video Collection desk. Printed listings by subject are available on request. If you still don’t see what you’re looking for, please ask us—we're happy to help!
- You need a valid CMU ID to use the Video Collection.
- All videos must be watched in the Video Collection room.
- No more than two people per carrel can watch material at the same time.
- Please don't bring food into the Video Collection room.
- Please don't use cellphones in the Video Collection room.
Need to reserve a video?
Only instructors (faculty, graduate students, or staff listed on the couse schedule as the primary instructor) can borrow up to 4 items from the Collection for use in their classrooms.
Contact the Video Collection manager with
- the title
- the call number of the item
- the date and time it will be used
Reserved materials can't be borrowed until after the session for which they were reserved.
Faculty can borrow up to two items overnight to preview them for class use. Staff and Teaching assistants (TAs) can't borrow videos for overnight preview, but can pick up materials for same-day class use as a proxy for the instructor of record.
Please have the primary course instructor inform the the Video Collection manager ahead of time of the course number, the requested items, and the name of the proxy.